Friday, January 2, 2009

Taking down the Christmas Decorations

I did it...I took down the decorations today. All of them in one day. Once you take them down it's so sad and so blah looking around the house. No snowmen, no Santa's, no trees...I'm sad just thinking about it. The decorations are packed away and in the garage, now it's hubby's turn to haul them out to the back garage and hoist them up in the attic. Do you remember when you only had 2 boxes of decorations? Now I'm up to about 17 boxes....wow where did it all come from? Years ago I started a Santa collection, then started with Snowmen..now I have so many of both that I really don't buy any unless they really impress me. Has to be something very different for me to purchase it now. I do love to receive them as gifts.Well in about 10 1/2 months I will ask hubby to pull everything back down from the garage and cart it all up to the house, put the boxes in the front garage and I will start the process all over again...unpack...decorate and then 5 weeks later we will be right back to today...packing away the decorations. It's big circle isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment