Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Back.....

My weaving weekend was a HUGE success! We arrived Thursday with the anticipation of seeing old friends and weaving, weaving, weaving...and that is exactly what happened. I made 2 baskets, a necklace and a broom. My hands are still aching! I did get to visit with all my old friends and that was truly the most exciting part of the four days. This year I was not "in charge" of anything and I sat back and just watched. This is the new Cindy...not taking on everything. I am one that will jump in with both feet and do any job that needs to be done. This year I didn't do that. It felt good and it felt sad...I am normally right in the middle of everything...and maybe that is who I am, but this year I was not. I normally do not make New Years resolutions and this year I made two...1-to weave more during this year and 2-to not be into everything. We all are busy and we should all pull our own weight in a job, an organization, in our family and every where. It's tough for me to remember that and not do it all. So with all that said...I vow to not volunteer to do it all! Back to my weekend, it was tons of fun, I am so excited to have been there, we had a great time and I do love the art of weaving! Thank goodness for my basket weaving friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment