Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday...Basket Meeting

Did I tell you that I am a basket weaver? OK, go ahead and give me the "under water basket weaving" jokes..I can take them! OK now that that's over...I started weaving baskets about 8 years ago while the hubby was out to sea (he's now retired from the US Navy ! Go Navy!). Like I needed one more hobby, well I started weaving and was immediately addicted. Have you ever tried a hobby and it was you, that's how I feel about weaving. I just love it and tell anyone who will listen. So today was our monthly meeting. I update our website www.tidewaterbasketryguild.org and create our newsletter. I have a tendency to jump in with both feet when I join an organization and I did with this one. Later this month I will be attending our yearly convention. Imagine 155 weavers in two rooms weaving at the same time...we stay at a local hotel, eat, sleep and weave...that's all we do for three days. Basket weavers are the best people, they are all so welcoming, that's why I love these ladies and gentlemen so much. Yes, we have a few men that weave with us. If you ever get the chance to try out weaving...do it...open your mind to learning a craft that is hundreds of years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment