Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Snow, Snow or not.......

As a child, I remember the threat of snow...waking up, immediately looking outside and seeing the whole world was white...what a great feeling to know that we had the day off from school, could go out and play in the snow all day. And we did, all four of us. My Mom (God love her!) would find all the gloves, mittens, hats, scarfs, coats and everything else she could find. She would dress us with lots of layers. We would go out play for a while, then back inside where it was warm, we would undress, hang all the wet clothes up. About an hour later we would want to go back out and again my Mom would help us dress in layers with new dry clothes and start this process all over again. We didn't have a house with a utility room or a place for the wet clothes so they would be hanging all around the living room or kitchen or where ever we could find. I always remember this. As my children grew and wanted to play in the very few snow storms we have here on the east coast, we too would have the wet clothes hanging all around waiting to dry. I do miss that. The whole reason for all this snow talk is that for the last 3 days we have been hearing of the great snow storm that was to hit us. The weather men have talked about it, we have talked about it and everyone has talked about it. So this morning I awoke with the anticipation of the snow. No snow. I heard that all the schools in the whole area are closed and the snow would be starting by 8:00am, no snow. As I worked through out the day, no snow. About noon I had to attend a training class I finally saw (literally) two snow flakes and that was it! WHAT DO YOU MEAN TWO SNOW FLAKES!!! I wanted to scream to the weather men...what happened to all that snow. I was so pumped up for snow and so excited and nothing. I felt just like I did as a child when I was expecting the snow in the morning and nothing. Really let down. I do think I might have to become a weather person...it's a job I think I could do! Really I know how unpredictable the weather can be and it is hard to tell exactly where the fronts are moving, but we need someone to blame! I am still hopeful for at least one more snow storm...and maybe a day off!

Congratulations to our new President, Mr. Obama...he has a hard road ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment