Monday, January 5, 2009

And Baby Makes Three...

Today was the first day back to work since the holidays and it was a great way to start the new year. A co-worker was pregnant, due this week. This morning at 2:30am she woke when her water broke, she woke her 3 yr old son, and they drove to the hospital. It's about a 20-25 minute ride to the hospital. Mind you she was having contractions, they started at 5 minutes apart. As she drove, she called her mother to meet her at the ER to take the 3 yr old. She arrived at the hospital, they prepared her for the birth while the 3 yr old sat in the chair next to her and finally her mother arrived in time to whisk the 3 yr old out of the room. She pushed once or twice and out popped the cutest little peanut. 6-lbs 2 oz. and a head full of black hair. He really is a cutie. A couple of my co-workers and I went to see her at lunch time. Now the baby was about 10 hours old and he looked great and so did she! Super Mom if I say so!
I will never forget the birth of each of my daughters. I delivered each of them in under 4 hours, with no drugs...yes it hurt like heck! And I did that twice! I remember each time in the pictures I looked like I had been thru the mill...terrible and today my co-worker looked like she had just showered, done her make up and fixed her hair. Don't know how some people look so good at a time like that. I just do not have that gene...and I have a Grandmother (she's 85) and she looks beautiful and put together all the time. Wish I could figure that out, then maybe I would have extra time in the morning when getting ready..the hubby would love it if I could get out the door and ready for anything quicker!! One more thing...Happy Birthday little Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment