Thursday, January 15, 2009

Basketweaving Weekend

I am frantically getting ready for my big basketweaving weekend. 150 weavers, 25 teachers in one hotel, all there with the same purpose...weaving and fellowship. We have such a great time. Going to an event each year always brings the anticipation of seeing old friends and meeting new ones. I started weaving in 2001 when hubby was at sea. I was immediately addicited to it. And the group of ladies (and a couple of men) I weave with welcomed me with open arms. They really are some of the best friends I have made. So this weekend will be tons of fun. Not much sleeping, sore fingers and lots of talking! My family always takes this opportunity to lounge around, eat out and not do anything while I am away. Then Sunday afternoon they run around like mad men to clean up. I am ok with this, as long as when I come home, no dishes in the sink!
Oh and almost forgot, snow...it usually snows a little (or a lot) during our trip. I am lucky that I only have to travel about 45 minutes to the hotel, many have to come much farther than that...some travel 8 hours or more. We always pray everyone arrives at the hotel before the big snow! Take care and I'll let you in on the big basket weekend when I return.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I've been weaving for a few years now, but there is not any fun events here in Utah! I do meet with 5 other ladies and weave once a month, but having a retreat would be fun! We even have to order our supplies from MI, since there is nothing here!

    ReplyDelete