Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A Picture a Day for a Year-#10



I am a basket weaver...those that know me, know that I love to weave. Eleven years ago, I went to a basket meeting and met the most amazing people I have ever known. They are creative, true artist, funny, sweet, friendly and every other wonderful adjective you can think. The group welcomed me like I was one of the family and I have never forgotten that. Now, just like families, there are times where we may get on each others nerves, but in the end, I know I can count on them. This past weekend was an event that I attended, where I displayed my creations and while weaving, talked to those interested in my craft. It's a small gathering of guilds from all over our area. Blacksmith, quilters, knitters, spinners, beaders, wood turners, master gardeners and bee keepers were all there with us, basket weavers. It is such a joy to talk to people who are as passionate about their craft as I am. Here's a picture of me, my display and my huge smile! And I wore that smile all day long. Any day weaving is a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment