Tuesday, February 10, 2009

LIfe and Death..

On Sunday I raked leaves, it was wonderful to be outside in the sun, it was a beautiful day! After raking 18 bags of leaves I had a ton of things to get accomplished...but...a friend got in the way. My neighbor has lung cancer and she is dying. She and her husband have been here since we moved in and they are wonderful people. She was sitting on her porch with her husband enjoying the gorgeous day we were having and I walked over. I ended up sitting there for 3 hours just talking and rocking and just sitting quietly together. I must say it was one of the best days I have had and of course one of the saddest. We really did not talk too much of her illness, we talked about everything else, when she wanted. I have to say that God or a higher being had a hand in the beautiful day on Sunday, we all know she will not be here too much longer and I don't really know when we will ever be able to sit together and be with each other. I will miss her and I did tell her that. It is difficult to see her, she is showing the signs of losing her fight. So say a little prayer tonight for my friend and her family, I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment