Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Bird is leaving the nest...

My baby, Amanda, is getting ready to leave on a trip to the Azores to visit her Air Force boyfriend. She is leaving on Friday and I am frantically trying to get her ready and tell her everything she needs to know about traveling. She is so very excited. She will return in about three weeks or so, get married and move there until December. I am excited and sad about the whole event. What a great opportunity for her to visit another country and live there. How often do we "middle class" worker bees get to go and live in another country. I am sad to lose my baby and not see her on a daily basis. I understand that she is growing up and this is a new chapter in her life. I knew when I had my daughters that they were only on loan to me for about 18 years, (boy did that go by fast!) after that they are off creating their own lives. I did this to my parents, married and moved away. But I did stay in the United States! I will miss her terribly and I will pray for their safe return. She and my new son-in-law will return in December, hopefully they will be close. Take care Amanda I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment