Thursday, April 30, 2009

Speech

At work we are moving to a new system, our entire command will be changing over. I am one of the trainers to help train approximately 150 people. TodayI find out I must attend all these "Train the Trainer" classes. Which will entail traveling to Charleston two weeks in July...whhhhooooo it will be hot then! But the best part was they told me I must take a two day class next week and I have to give a 5 minute presentation! OH MY GOSH...five minutes in front of about 20-25 people! I am so nervous...already! Apparently the man, Dale, that teaches this class is great and everyone says you will feel more comfortable once you take his class. But standing up and talking...ouch...can I do it? Well yes I have too! Just that standing there and seeing all those eyes looking back at you....40 eyes...remember the old saying...imagine them in their underwear...well I will have to find the best looking man in the group and then imagine him in his underwear..:) then I really will get my thoughts all messed up! I don't have any trouble sitting at a table or in a room and telling people what to do. That's me, tell people what to do! But standing up in front of everyone...I am scared! So on my way home I started thinking about what I would talk about ...see I have been thinking about it all day! Many things came to mind, basket weaving, REACH (literacy program), PTA, Navy Wife, Breast Cancer and about 10 other things. I think at the moment REACH will be my topic. "I have been volunteering with REACH for over 10 years"...see that is how my presentation will start. OK, now take a deep breath and one more.....OK, I'm better now. I'll keep you posted on the speech and say a little prayer that I don't faint! :)

Oh by the way...how do you like my new hair cut???




No comments:

Post a Comment