Monday, April 6, 2009

My Garden

This is going to be the year of a real garden for me! Yes, over the years I have tried a few plants here and a few plants there, never with much success. I have terrible dirt..it's like concrete here in my yard. But this year it's going to be different. I was in the book store recently and came across the book "Square Foot Gardening" by Mel Barthomew. It makes perfect sense, his gardening explanations. So I am trying it out. A couple of weeks ago the hubby and friend built me the gardening box out of scrap material. Hubby asked, "How many boxes do you want?" "One" was my reply. I want to see if I am as interested through out the summer as I am right now. If I do good, next year hubby can build more boxes for me. I have purchased my "dirt", a "Mel's Mix" 3 part mix. The picture you see is of the beginnings. I will keep you updated on my progress. As long as I can remember my Mom and Dad have had a garden. Daddy doesn't plant until after the last threat of frost, so I am putting off my planting for a week or so. I'll keep you updated!!! I can taste those tomatoes now! Mmmmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment