Monday, May 4, 2009

Baby Bird has returned to the nest.....

Friday night hubby and I went to a Bill Engvall concert, which was great, when I received this frantic phone call from daughter #2, she was trying to get home and with many airport delays and she couldn't get here and was told she would have to spend the night in an airport. She was a basket of nerves and very upset. After doing the Mom thing and calming her down, she was able to talk to the lady behind the counter into finally arranging a flight to one of the local airports. I was on pins and needles the rest of the night. Then at about 12:45am she walked down the airport gate...Yeah, she was back on American soil! Daughter had been flying for about 18 or so hours and was exhausted. We hugged and immediately went outside where hubby had the car waiting, after hugging her Dad, we left. What a great night (or morning) it turned out to be. The rest of the weekend was great. We shopped, watched the Nascar race with friends. Daughter went out with friends and then to the beach on Sunday. I have to say, what a great weekend we had. Welcome Home, Daughter!!!! We missed you and we love you!!!!

Coming down the from the gate.....Isn't she cute!!

"Mom don't take my picture, you're embarrassing me!"

Dad and Daughter, "Let's get out of here, take me home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment