Monday, May 25, 2009

Good Bye My Friend

In previous posts I mentioned a friend that has been battling cancer, on May 20th she lost her battle. This has been a very emotional week. Thirteen years ago we moved into our house and met our next door neighbors. As we drove up, there were people in their driveway and I recognized one of them as a previous co-worker. Hubby and I walked over and were introduced by my former co-worker to her brother and sister in law, (my neighbors). From that day forward we have been very good friends. We have vacationed together, had Thanksgiving dinners together, ridden motorcycles together, shopped, crafted, gardened, walked and talked together. Two years ago she was diagnosed with cervical cancer and she beat that. Then last June she received the news that the cancer was back in her lung and liver and that it was never going to be beaten this time. She and her husband made the brave decision to not take any treatments, to live life to the fullest and enjoy as much time as she had on this Earth. She fought a great fight with poise and dignity and with a huge faith in God. She knew that when she was finished with this life she would go on to the next one. She was a very quiet woman and told her husband, "Who will come to my funeral?" Well the funeral had over 250 people, more chairs had to be put down the aisle. What a beautiful day and it was choreographed just perfect. My friend planned it all out, even down to the speakers. Everyone spoke very highly of this beautiful woman and all that she meant to us all. I will never forget her and will always remember the times we shared. God has a new Angel! Good bye my friend, I will miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment