Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Friend....

I started writing this entry about my garden and how I planted it this weekend and my excitement with the adventure in growing and then my entry has made a drastic change.
I went to see a good friend tonight, she is dying of cancer. She doesn't have too many more days to live and all she could barely talk about was that she wanted everyone to be OK. We have lived next to her and her husband for 13 years now. They have been great neighbors and she and I have become good friends. We have gone yard saleing, spent the day at a many a craft show, had Thanksgiving dinners together, talked gardening and sat on the front porch to just enjoyed the sunny day. I am so grateful that I met her and husband. I have not seen her in a few weeks. I was out of town for a week, then last week feeling very poorly and afraid to go over. Last night I went by and talked to her beautiful daughter, who is helping to care for her in her last days of life, daughter told me that she hasn't eaten in about 4 days now. That is a sign of the end of life. I knew that I would need to get there today and made it a priority to go. Nothing was going to stand in my way. About 7 pm tonight her daughter called to say she was awake and I went right over. It was so very sad. She is laying there, having lost a ton of weight and barely able to move. We did talk and I did tell her what a good friend she is and that I am happy to know her and will miss her a lot! She has a deep faith and is not afraid of leaving this life. She is worried about all of us that are left here. I sat there with her for about an hour, just holding her hand. When it was time to go, we hugged and said I love you and as I left I wonder if I will see her alive again. I'm sorry for the sad post, but she's worth talking about. I will miss you Friend and never forget you! Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment