Sunday, August 14, 2011

Bike Crash

I've been running for over a year now and was getting bored, so I asked the hubby to put my bike back together. A few years ago my bike had been borrowed by a friend. So hubby ordered new brakes, gears and tires. He was so proud of all his new creation. I decided after dinner one night I would ride it. The hubby explained all the new gears and brakes to me and off I go...and then CRASH. I was on the bike a total of 30 seconds, there I was riding, then all I remember was a mail box, the 3 ft. ditch and I was on the ground! Skinned up my knee and leg. Once I realized what I had done, I got up, checked on my bike, cleaned up my leg and got back on the bike. I had to show the hubby that I really could ride a bike. :) And yes I did. The second time was a charm. I rode around my neighborhood, about 3 miles, got home with blood running down my leg and my knee throbbing terribly. Cleaned myself up by taking a shower, WOW did that hurt. I picked asphalt and gravel out of my knee for a half hour. The next day was fun, going to work with the big bandage on my leg, well needless to say my new name is "Grace" at work. Oh well, don't worry it's not going to deter me from riding again. It's almost 2 weeks later and I am almost healed completely. But the next time I ride, I will be very careful and will use pads and a helmet! Happy Riding...

No comments:

Post a Comment