Sunday, July 3, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Me...

Tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of my first 5K run. I'm so excited and going to run the 4th of July 5K again tomorrow. Last year I trained from February to July to run this event, during this last year I have run at least once a week and tried to run more. When I started the journey it was to lose a few pounds, get in better shape, do something I have never done. Once I started running I found out that it clears my mind, makes all the racing, running, unorganized thoughts go away. I focus on my breathing, my music and where I am planting my feet. Running has really helped me sort out details, sort out problems and work my way though whatever is on my plate for the day. So tomorrow when you all wake up, remember that I will be running at 7:30am. Happy 4th of July and Happy 1st Year Running Anniversary to Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment