Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Running-who knew????

All my life I have always wanted to be a runner. I would drive or walk down the road and see the runners pass me and wish that was me. As I have gotten more "mature" I have decided to set some goals and running has been on the top of that list. So about 6 months ago I decided it was time to start my journey with running. I have been pretty slow at it, but am still out there hitting the pavement, as they say. Did you ever wonder why someone runs? I've asked that question to friends and I have gotten a number of answers...keep in shape, help to loss weight, to get away from the family (ha ha)and many more. Everyone has a different reason. I now understand the "need" to run...the "want" to run...and just the "enjoy" of the run. Never thought it would happen to me, who knew? When I arrive home each day I want to go for a run, but am trying not to do too much too fast. I have decided to run a 5K and need to find one to sign up. My youngest daughter has agreed to be my partner. Hubby runs with me occasionally but with his terrible knees he cannot keep up the pace very long and then he suffers later. So wish me luck on my running journey and my goal of running a 5K. Wave to me when you see me on the street!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment