Saturday, February 20, 2010

Trip out West part 2

As our plane left Chicago it was snowing...yes more snow. Was I ever going to get out of the snow? Three hours (or so) later we arrived in San Diego. I was so glad to get off a plane and be somewhere! As I de-planed with my co-workers we were making bets that our luggage was making it's own trip...somewhere and we were right. We waited at the baggage carousel and the our bags never appeared. So to another counter we go. We all put in the paperwork and filed the claims and off to the rental car place we go. That part went uneventful, thankfully, we were so tired I don't think we could have taken much more. Next we checked into a great hotel on the beach. I opened up the door and looked right out to the waves crashing on the sand...heaven...my whole day just suddenly disappeared. What a great evening it was turning out to be. After a quick dinner and a trip to the drug store to pick up a few toiletries, sleep was calling my name. By the time I went to bed I had been up for 22 hours. No luggage, no clothes, no toiletries, but a beautiful view and no snow. The night was turning out to be great. Luckily, the next day was filled with meeting, we only had our airport clothes, which those at the meetings understood. Very productive day and when we returned to our hotel that evening, our luggage was waiting. Yes, it was there...I finally had my clothes and my hair products. That morning I had styled my hair with a blow dryer and my fingers! I did remember to carry on my makeup...if not, I would have been in a world of trouble! Over the next two days, I ate at great places, had great meetings and walks on the boardwalk...wonderful. We left to come back to the cold late on Thursday on the red-eye flight home. Uneventful on the flight home, we made all our connections, and our luggage came off the baggage carousel! The hubby was waiting at the end of the walkway as I came down and it was very good to see him. After being awake for so many hours, you just don't think straight and he was there to think for me. Thanks honey! It's always fun to go on a trip and it's always good to home back to home sweet home! Thanks to my co-workers for a great trip. Can't wait to see San Diego again!

No comments:

Post a Comment