Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Dress

Remember when you were a little girl and thinking about your wedding, do you remember the thought of the dress? I remember wanting the big Cinderella dress, the beautiful long white, huge gown. And when I married 28 years ago, it was totally different than I had imagined. Well daughter #1 is getting married April 2, 2011 and we are in the planning stages. She has everything planned out so far. Saturday was dress shopping day. She has tried dresses on a couple of times, but yesterday she found "The Dress". About 2 weeks ago we attended a fashion show at our local bridal shop to see new designs from a designer she has been following. As she tried dresses on, there was one that was perfect. She put the beautiful dress on, walked out and wow she was absolutely beautiful. I know that I am biased and yes I should be. :) As my daughter narrowed down her choices, she continued to go back to the one white dress that she felt like a Princess wearing. The dress was put on a second time and she wore it about 20-30 minutes around, walked, admired herself in the mirror, tried on veils, shoes, discussed hair dos, up dos, down dos and jewelry. She was so comfortable in the dress that we knew it was the one! So after our discussion ...."Are you sure this is the one?" discussion it was decided that we purchase the dress. And I did. Of course I did! My daughter was beaming with this purchase, she is so excited and so happy. The hubby and I are so excited for her. So as I walked out of the bridal shop we decided to check out other dresses and guess what? I found my dress. Yes, I did. As I put the dress on, my daughter immediately said, "Mom that is you!" And yes, it is me. I really like everything about the dress. I, too, will be purchasing my dress, soon. Now two dresses down, one more to go, (daughter#2's dress). This is such an exciting time, we are all enjoying it so much. Oh and as I told hubby about our purchase, his comment was "Don't tell me, I don't want to know!" He is too funny. He would buy the girls anything they wanted so it's a good thing I carry the checkbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment