Sunday, January 3, 2010

Basket Guild Meeting

Today was our monthly meeting of our Basket Guild. What a nice time I had there. This year I was appointed as Vice President and am now just starting my term. My President is a very excited and hard working woman, she can probably run circles around me. Normally we weave some type of project but today was a bit different, we had Movie Day. We watched a series of short tapes on basket weaving. I just love my basket friends, many years ago they all greeted me when I didn't know a sole and they have all welcomed me with open arms. When I leave a meeting I always feel the love. There are a number of members that are "huggers", they just love to give hugs and I always appreciate it! And to tell you the truth, as I get older I am becoming a hugger. It is so nice to greet someone you really want to see with a hug!
My basket friends are really the best. Back to my meeting, it was a great meeting and a great time to spend on this cold January day with good friends. Hope you all had a great day and hope you were able to stay warm!!!

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% my basket weaving and crafting friends are the best. There is just something about people who create with their hands. Glad I found your blog.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy, our basketfriends are the best!

    ReplyDelete