Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wicked.....



About a month ago the hubby and I took our daughters to see the Broadway production of "Wicked". This is the story of the wicked witch before Dorothy dropped in. This tells how she became "Wicked". When daughter #1 wanted to go, I hesitated to purchase the tickets, even the balcony seat were expensive. But after a month or so of talking about it, I finally did put out the money and go for it. This production was only here for about 2 weeks and it looks like I will never go to NY to see it, so what the heck. We went, the balcony seats were center stage, about 6 rows up. The production was AWESOME! We were all just in awe of the performers, the lighting, the set just the entire production. This really gave you a look into the life of someone that is different.


Daughter #1 has been a "Wizard of Oz" fan since she was very little. Daughter #2 was scare of it, the flying monkeys freaked her out! Daughter #1 would watch it every day if I let her. Over the years she has collected many Oz items, dolls, ornaments, movies, posters and such. So she was thrilled at the show. We took pictures on her camera, but I haven't been able to get them from her...when I do, I'll post them. Anyway....the show was great...we all loved it and we will be going back to see another show...oh the Wizard of Oz comes out in March....we will be there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment