Saturday, July 18, 2009

Charleston, SC


Last Sunday I went to Charleston SC for training for my job. It was a really fun and learning trip. The two ladies that I hung out with were lots of fun. We went to some great restaurants...Coast, Hyman Seafood, Mustard Seed and a sushi place. I ate way too much! We stayed at an Embassy Suites that was very nice and accommodating to us. They had a fitness room that I visited often! :) Me and the treadmill were very good friends! My last night there I had dinner with 3 guys I work with and we went for Sushi. It was really good. Then as we left the weather was starting to look bad, so we ducked into a nice restaurant/bar. We all ordered a drink, next thing we know the rain let loose...and it rained so bad the entire downtown was flooded! The owner of the establishment put sandbags at the front door and told us all if at all possible do not leave and walk in that contaminated water. So we had nothing to do but order more drinks and sit and talk. I found out a lot of good info about my co-workers. They are great guys. I really am blessed to work with such good people. After about 3 hours the flooding had receded and we were able to leave. They guys walked me back to my car and off I went. Got back to my hotel about midnight, packed and was up at 5:15am to get ready, leave and be at the airport in time to catch my flight. I was back home by 1:00pm with the hubby waiting at the terminal as I arrived. It is always so nice to see his smiling face when I arrive! Training was good, travel was good, food was good, fellowship was good, what more could I have asked for?

No comments:

Post a Comment