Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Everyone

Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday Jesus! Today was a wonderful day spent with my family. The morning started off with a delicious breakfast cooked by my Mom and myself. I tried a new recipe for Cinnamon Rolls, out of the cookbook from the Pioneer Woman. They turned out to be a HUGE hit. Yeah, me!!! After dinner, our daughters' arrived to spend the day with us. They both are not feeling well today, I hope they are feeling better soon. About the time they arrived all the family started to parade into the home (my childhood home) of my parents. Once the entire crew arrives the chaos begins. Children running around, everyone talking at the same time and the smell of food!!! That's the best part.. hehe. We all gathered to eat the food we all prepared and then it was time to open gifts. The kids wait so patiently and then the time has finally arrived...the opening of the gifts. That lasted about 10 minutes, a whole year of planning, making, buying and wrapping and the whole thing is over so fast. But the look on the children's faces, it was perfect. Everyone loved their gifts and fun was had by all. That was about the time we all looked outside and the snow was falling heavily. This is the first snow on Christmas we have had since the early 90's I think. It was beautiful, but we (and the daughters) could not be snowed in there, so the hubby hustled us all in our cars and we headed for our two hour drive home. It was a snowy, long, cold ride, but we made it without any problems. So now I sit here, thinking about our day and also watching for our snow. Thank you Lord for a great day and Happy Birthday Jesus!!

No comments:

Post a Comment