Saturday, November 7, 2009

Observations....

It's been a while since my last post, things have been wild and crazy in my life. So thought I would fill you in on an observation I made today...I have started working out at our local recreation center, and hopefully will continue for a long time...I recently told my mother "my a@@ was spreading and everything jiggles!" She laughed as did I, but knew I need to get it together. So back to my story, I was walking on the treadmill today at the rec center, (it overlooks the gym) while watching everyone file in and out of the gym looking at all the beautiful goods for our annual Christmas Stocking Craft Show. As I watched the patrons and the crafters I was drawn to one gentleman. He sat behind a table filled with beautiful handmade blankets. As patrons approached his table he greeted them, answered questions and was very pleasant. I watched as he carefully unfolded blankets to display to curious patrons and then meticulously folded the blankets back up and put them back in their original spot. I was really drawn to the careful attention he gave each patron as well as each blanket. As I continued to walk and watch, I kept thinking about this gentleman, did he make these blankets? Did his wife? Mother? What was his career? What a great guy he must be to come to a craft show, sit for two days, sell blankets to patrons and keep these blankets so organized.
Do you ever sit and wonder about people, your co-workers, your boss, your grocery clerk...what do they do on their off time? You just never know...are they athletes, are they artist, are they craftsman? Or are they blankets salesman? We never know...so we must never judge a book by it's cover as the old saying goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment