Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dinner with Friends

Tonight we had dinner with our great friends, Russ, Rhonda and son, Daniel. We met Russ about 16 years ago. We lived in a townhouse, when the neighbors moved out and up drove a moving truck from California. We didn't know then, but this new neighbor would become one of our closest friends. Over the years we have seen Russ through ups, downs, out to sea, on shore duty and everything in between. Russ has been there for me when hubby has been at sea. Anytime I needed him he was there. You see Russ is a big guy, he's 6'5" about 250 lbs and all muscle...he looks like "the Rock". Many times I would call him to come somewhere with me to just "be there" and that was always just for that support. We were so happy years ago when Russ met Rhonda, then they decided to marry. They married on Valentine's Day. I remember their wedding was just family and close friends in a small church. I remember watching them say their vows and thought, this is so great!!! I am so happy for them!!! A few years passed and they became pregnant. I knew that Russ has always wanted a child and October 2001 out popped this cute, little round faced, precious baby. Daniel is too cute and he has loved my hubby and our family from day one. And we have always loved the entire family! We do not see them as much as we would like, everyone is running in seperate directions these days but I know and they know that if needed we all would come running. Thank you God for bringing this wonderful person and his family into our lives, we are blessed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment