Thursday, September 3, 2009

Relaxing with Friends....

Beautiful River Sunset

Since the last post worked, here I go with this one again....My BFF's parents have a river house and I have been there a number of times. My BFF invited me for a week to just relax, of course I accepted the invitation. All week I was looking forward to a weekend of relaxing, beautiful views and lots of girl talk. Saturday morning I packed a few clothes, my makeup (of course, cannot forget that!) my beach towel and I was ready. Oh, don't forget my directions...you know I am directionally challenged, and I admit it! :) I set off on my adventure, it takes about 1 1/2 hours to get there and I was off. The ride over was uneventful, thankfully. I arrived to find my BFF sitting on the glassed in back porch watching the view of the river and her husband and son fishing. What a beautiful view! We sat for a while and it was so nice. We at lunch and then decided to go sit out on the pier and collect a few sun rays. It was a warm day. I took my camera and was able to get a few shots of beautiful views. You know I take pictures of everything now! Sprinkles ran us inside and the boys too. As we were watching the rain start up we saw a very interesting site, a sheet of rain coming across the river, it was so cool to see, I ran out in the sprinkles to get pictures. The rain sheet finally reached us with huge downpours. After a few hours of rain it stopped and then came the most amazing sunset. I ran out and took more pictures...just beautiful. We ate dinner, watched a movie and then sleep came. It was so nice. I awoke to a quiet, peaceful day. After visiting with my BFF for a few hours ,had to get in more girl talk, it was time for me to head back home. What a nice weekend it was, spending time with my BFF, just relaxing and forgetting anything stressful. Thank you BFF...Love you and had a great time!!! Can't wait to so it again.

Me and My BFF at the river

The rain coming across the river...isn't this cool?

Another beautiful sunset...I love it, wish I was there right now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment