Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Engagement

Happy Engagement My Beautiful Daughter

This has been the most amazing weekend. My oldest daughter graduated from RN Nursing School, we had the family over for a graduation party that turned into a graduation/engagement party. My daughter's dreams are coming true! It's so wonderful as a parent to see the child, that you brought into this world, making their dreams come true. Last week my daughter's boyfriend called and asked to come over to talk with my husband and I. I texted (of course this is how we communicate now) when we were home. A hour or so later in he walks and he was so nervous. My husband is very scary to the men in both my daughters lives, it's only because he's a big guy and is so very quiet. The boyfriend finally showed us the ring, asked for my daughters hand in marriage and my husband and I both gave our blessing. We were so excited. That was Wednesday, on Thursday was the graduation ceremony, which by the way was so very sweet. My parents and in-laws all came in for the ceremony. What a beautiful day. Saturday was the big party. That morning the son-in-law to be proposed. My daughter was ecstatic! When they arrived for the party, the family was here waiting, as she came in to the house she had her hand out stretched showing off her ring...my sister, Mom and BFF all started to cry. By the time the hugs and congrats were finished, we were all crying! Now we are finally going to have the son we never had. Congrats Mallori and Anthony, we are so proud of you and love you both!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment