Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holidays.....

Just returned from four days at my parents home for the Christmas holidays...what fun we had!
Thursday evening started off with Christmas Church service at my Mother-in-law's church. It was and is always a very nice service. Really gets you in the holiday spirit with all the singing and fellowship there. I was a bit sad on Christmas eve, this is the first year since 1984 (when my oldest was born) that I have not spent Christmas eve with my girls. Now that they are adults, they have adult responsibilities and they had to work Christmas eve, so they drove up to my parents on Christmas day. I was so excited to see them! Christmas day started off with my girls and future son in law arriving and we opening our Santa gifts. After that all the family started showing up. We had another round of gift opening and then lots of picture taking, food consuming and lots of laughter! Christmas day two was spent with my best friend and her family. We exchanged gifts, ate lunch and just sat and enjoyed each other's company. Christmas day three was spent at my Aunt's home. The extended family came, more gifts, more food, more pictures and more laughter. I'm finally home and exhausted! I plan to get to bed soon....sleep well...and tomorrow is a Cindy day....not sure what I'm doing, but the household will be working...I may just sleep all day!!! Hope everyone had a great Christmas holiday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment