Saturday, June 13, 2009

Geroge Strait

Last night three friends and I went to the George Strait concert and what a great concert he puts on! We arrived at 5:30, stood in line until 6:30 and then high tailed it up on to the lawn of the Amphitheater for the best seat we could find. Julianne Hough started the show off. She is just as cute as they come, her in her little, tiny, yellow, strapless dress. All the young men were in heaven! After Julianne, Blake Shelton made the stage. Now that's a fine specimen of a man! He sang for about 30 minutes with an appearance from Miranda Lambert, was she just in the area? Who knew? After Blake left the stage, the stage hands made a dash to put together George's stage. Amazingly it only took them about 20 minutes and then the star of the show appeared and he was so humbled by the applause. What a nice man he seems to be. He sang for almost two hours, old songs and new. We sang along too. After each song he thanked the audience, have you ever been to a concert like that? Not me. Again I say he was so humbled by the audience. He wore his tight Wranglers and might I say he filled the out perfectly! My friends and I had a wonderful time, would go back to see George any time. Now I have to say, most of the party go-ers were pretty good, there were only a few in the crowd that were having way too much fun. I hate to go to a concert where you are annoyed by the loud drunk or the screaming child or the obnoxious woman that will not stop talking. Luckily that was not the case. After the concert we did pretty good with finding the car, I have a way of getting lost in parking lots and parking garages. Oh well, that's what I have the hubby for...he is great with directions! Between me and my good friend L we remembered where we parked. It was a great night, can't wait to go back....in two weeks we see Kenny Chesney...yeah more Country music!! Oh and hubby and I go to see Huey Lewis soon...yeah....I am just having way too much fun this summer.....can't wait to see what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment