Friday, June 19, 2009

A blast from the past.....



Huey Lewis and the News



Last night the hubby and I went up to the Wolftrap Amphitheater and saw Huey Lewis and the News. It was a great get away for the hubby and I. Huey Lewis puts on a great show. This is the third time I have seen him, the second time here at Wolftrap. This band has been together for over 30 years, can you believe that? And I have been listening to them for 30 years! Wow, that makes me feel old. Wolftrap is a great venue, small and cozy. This trip we had second level box seats, front row. I got a great deal on the tickets and was very impressed with my selection! And hubby loved it too. Hubby enjoys the show, but he doesn't like to stand during the concert and I, of course, like to stand and dance the whole time. This year I contained myself in my seat until the encore, and then, heck with the rows behind me, I was up on my feet clapping and dancing to the music. Huey played new music and old. He has a great amount of energy on stage along with his band. The weather was beautiful and the company even better! What a great way to spend a couple of days.

Hubby and I before the concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment