Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mini Working Vacation

Last week I had to go to Charleston for meetings and decided to take the hubby. The meeting was attended by three of us from my office and we brought our spouses. Charleston is such a beautiful city that I was very excited. The hubby and I left on Monday morning and drove the red Mustang. Hubby had washed, cleaned, buffed and shined the Mustang for the trip. We packed, left and drove about 7 hours to our hotel in Charleston. One of my co-workers had arrived and he, his wife and hubby and I all went to dinner at a little quaint place. The next day we were picked up by the boss man and headed to the first of three days of meetings. Our meetings went great, I met many people that I needed to meet. The evenings were met with great dinners. What a nice time that was...other than the heat, it was really cool. I was worried that the hubby would be bored, but not him, he exercised and toured the city each day. The last night there was really cool..we took a carriage ride through downtown historic Charleston, after the carriage ride, we (four of us) went to dinner at a really neat little pub. Dinner and drinks all night long, we had way too much fun! On this trip I learned a lot about my co-workers. He and his wife were so much fun. On Friday we left Charleston, my work was complete. Hubby and I drove to Myrtle Beach for a few hours then headed north. As I was looking at the map I decided we should drop by Wrightsville Beach. What a neat little area. After three hotel stops, we finally found a room. After checking in to the beautiful Holiday Inn, we changed clothes and walked to dinner. It was about a mile walk until we found this very busy seafood restaurant, after being told it would be a 45 min to 1 hour wait, we went to this great little Mexican restaurant, Tower 7. It was so busy we sat at the bar, which was really nice. We had dinner and drinks and it was delish! After dinner, a little souvenir shopping and then the hike back to the hotel. We had a really nice night. The next morning we left and headed to Swansboro to visit my favorite Marine. This retired Marine has been a good friend of ours for many years. We don't get to see him and his wife often, this was a great treat. After hanging out with them we decided to stay the night. Sunday morning it was time to come home. Our trip home was uneventful. It is always good to take a trip and it is always good to come home. Had a really nice time exploring the east coast from South Carolina to Virginia and cannot wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment